Severnside Walking and Cycling
We are working with partner agencies to significantly improve and upgrade the cycling and walking infrastructure around Avonmouth Severnside Enterprise Area (ASEA).
A consultation on the plans will run from 18 February until 29 March 2019 when we will be inviting people to have their say.
What are we proposing?
In conjunction with Sustrans and funded through Highways England’s Designated Fund for Cycling, Safety and Integration, the improvement package will support the development of a new junction on the M49 and the ASEA.
Our plans include improvements to National Cycleway Network Route 4 between Cribbs Causeway and Severn Beach as well as:
Improvements to be made in Severn Beach:
- 20mph zone covering all of Severn Beach
- Contraflow cycle lane
- Improvements at bus stop at station
- New zebra crossing outside Severn Beach Primary School
- Road humps
Improvements to be made on A403/Western Approach Distribution Park:
- Church Road, A403 bridleway upgrade to shared pedestrian/cycle/horse facility
- A403/Govier Way crossing upgrade to parallel crossing for dual, segregated pedestrian/cyclist use
- Upgrades to shared use path at Western Approach Distribution Park
Improvements to be made in Easter Compton:
- Surfacing improvements at Farm Lane
- Junction improvements at Bowstreet Lane/Farm Lane junction/Hollywood Lane junction
- Possible closure of Hollywood Lane at either Bowstreet Lane or activity centre
Sustrans, with Mott MacDonald Sweco Joint Venture, completed a feasibility study and outline design for the scheme on behalf of Highways England which South Gloucestershire Council is taking forward to construction.
Find out more information
These proposals will have an impact on local communities and we want to make sure residents have a chance to view the plans in detail and can have their say.
We are holding two drop-in sessions in February 2019 when representatives from the council, Sustrans and Highways England will be in attendance to answer questions and hear your views.
The following two drop-in sessions are being held:
- Monday 25 February 3-6pm, Severn Beach Village Hall
- Wednesday 27 February 3-6pm, Easter Compton Village Hall
Have your say
From 18 February 2019 you will be able to view further details about the planned scheme on our consultation website at https://consultations.southglos.gov.uk/consult.ti/SevernsideSustainableTravel/consultationHome
If you wish to comment on the scheme please respond by 29 March 2019 to have your say. To respond to the consultation and have your views taken into account, you must complete the questionnaire online.
If you do not have access to the internet and wish to have a paper copy of all the information and questionnaire to complete, please request a copy by calling 01454 868000.
Is there anything wrong with this page?