Keep clear road markings
We will consider all requests for keep clear road markings carefully. However, we will only introduce such markings in places where they are likely to be most effective.
Keep clear markings will only be considered where one or more of the following applies :
- It may not be obvious that vehicle access is required
- Emergency vehicles or service vehicles have had access problems
- There is an identified injury accident problem
- Parked vehicles obstruct pedestrian crossing points
- At junctions where visibility is reduced
We no longer provide keep clear markings to control parking across private driveways. Such markings already in place will not be refreshed or maintained. This is because of concerns that drivers will not respect these markings if there are too many of them. Also, introducing keep clear markings in one place might simply displace the parking problem to another unsuitable location.Is there anything wrong with this page?