Thornbury library will be closed from Wednesday 9 August to Tuesday 22 August (inclusive) to enable ‘Open Access’ swipe card access to be installed, ready for 1 October 2017.
- disabled parking (in the short stay car park next door)
- service all on one level
- automatic doors
We have a full list of facilities at the library Thornbury Library also provides a laminating service and microfilm facilities, including the Thornbury Gazette on microfilm (1955- date), free 101 Police contact phone, colour photocopying.
- Bookstart Bear Club at pre-school storytime: Mondays 2.15 – 2.45pm, term-time only
- Rhyme time: Fridays 11.15 – 11.45am, term time only
- Computer volunteers available to answer quick queries without any appointment on Monday mornings from 10.00-12.00.
Book in advance for 1:1 computer support on Tuesdays – free 45 minute session with a computer support volunteer. Book your appointment at Thornbury Library.
A volunteer can also offer help with the Ancestry family history website. Details on request
- Chatterbooks: a reading group for 9 to 11 year olds. Once a month. Saturday 2.00-3.00pm
Library user group
All libraries have local user groups to help us develop our services. The public are welcome to attend meetings to have their say. All meetings start at 7:00pm.
Future meetings are on:
- Tuesday 5 October
St Mary Street, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, BS35 2AA
|Monday||08:45 ‐ 17:30|
|Tuesday||08:45 ‐ 17:30|
|Wednesday||08:45 ‐ 19:00|
|Friday||08:45 ‐ 17:30|
|Saturday||09:30 ‐ 17:00|