- disabled parking
- library is on one level
- disabled toilet
We have a full list of facilities at the library. Filton library also provides a laminating service
- Free school holiday story and craft sessions for children aged from 3 to 10 years old. Please contact Filton Library for the next session dates.
- Rhymes & stories for pre-school children: Wednesdays 10:30am all year.
- Lego Club for primary school age children, who must be accompanied by a grown-up. One Saturday a month: 11am – 12pm
- IT Sessions – computer support volunteers are available for one-to-one basic IT sessions. Please contact Filton Library for more details and to book a session.
- Free Ancestry Support – Need help tracing your family tree? Our family history volunteer runs one-to-one sessions by appointment. Contact Filton library for more details and to book a session.
- Adult Reading Group – Fancy discussing books with a friendly group and a cup of tea?! Book Worms Reading Group meet on the first Monday of the month at Filton library between 5.45pm to 6.45pm. If you are interested in joining please contact Filton Library for further details.
Library user group
All libraries have local user groups to help us develop our services. The public are welcome to attend meetings to have their say. All meetings start at 6:00pm.
Future meetings are on:
- AGM Tuesday 19 October, 7pm at the library
Shield Retail Park, Link Road, Filton, South Gloucestershire, BS34 7BR
New opening hours from 2 October 2017
|Staffed hours||Library available*|
|Monday||10am – 5.30pm||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Tuesday||No staffed hours||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||10am – 5.30pm||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Thursday||10am – 5.30pm||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Friday||No staffed hours||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am – 1pm||8.30am – 7.30pm|
|Sunday||No staffed hours||8.30am – 7.30pm|
*Please note when the library changes from staffed to unstaffed opening, it will close for 15 minutes for the transition to Open Access. The library is only available during unstaffed hours for those who have signed up for the free Open Access scheme and completed an induction. For more information and to book your Open Access induction online see www.southglos.gov.uk/OpenAccessIs there anything wrong with this page?