Information and advice surgeries
- South Gloucestershire councillors: Emersons Green Library 1st Saturday of every month 11am to 1pm
- Councillor surgery drop in: Filton Library every Saturday 9:30am to 10:30am
- Emersons Green Library, Tuesdays 3pm to 6pm
Employment and learning
- Job club run by Community Ignite: help with job searching and CV writing. Kingswood Library, Thursdays 1pm to 3pm.
- Learn Direct employment and learning advice. Yate Library, Wednesdays by appointment only. Contact 0117 3297744 to book.
- One-to-one sessions with a volunteer, appointment only. Various libraries: contact Filton Library, Patchway Library or Thornbury Library to book.
- Yate Library, 1st Saturday of every month 9:30am to 1pm. Appointment only, provided free by solicitors Bevan Evemy. Contact them directly on 0333 3208600 to make an appointment.
Memory / reminiscence
- Sporting Memories: A friendly group meeting monthly to reminisce about the sporting greats and days gone by. Downend Library, 2nd Thursday of every month 10:30am to 11:30am, with free refreshments
- Memory Café: A social space for people worried about their memory, who have a diagnosis of dementia or have a family member or friend living with dementia. Carers very welcome. Socialise and share experiences.
Emersons Green, 2nd Thursday of every month 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Filton Library, 3rd Friday of every month 10am to 12 midday
- Hanham Library once every month: contact Hanham Library for details
- Bradley Stoke Library: contact Bradley Stoke Library for details
- Volunteer Bureau drop-in session: Filton Library, 3rd Thursday of every month 10am to 12 midday. Come and meet your local advisor for an informal chat
- Volunteering Kingswood: for anyone interested in volunteering in the Kingswood area. Kingswood Library, Thursdays 1pm to 3pm
Are you struggling to find reliable sources of information to support critical aspects of your life such as your health and wellbeing, money, benefits and work?
Public librarians have brought together some of their preferred and trusted websites for these topics to help you find the information or services that you need. Search by postcode to find links to local information and key national sources on the Information4living website.Is there anything wrong with this page?