Environmental services - out of hours emergencies
Out of hours emergency cover deals with environmental health problems involving serious events, fatalities, noise pollution, imminent risks to health.
If you contact us out of office hours your call will be re-routed to the out-of-hours call centre. An operator will contact the duty environmental health officer in the event of the following:
- A fatal accident at a place of work
- A major accident at a place of work (eg explosion, chemical release, fire)
- An outbreak of an infectious disease (normally a major outbreak)
- A large-scale, noisy event such as a rave
- Major coastal pollution (eg oil spill)
- A request by the emergency services (eg police, fire brigade)
Is there anything wrong with this page?