What can schools do?
Creating a ‘dementia friendly generation’ is one of our key aims around raising awareness about dementia and reducing stigma. South Gloucestershire schools will be encouraged to include a dementia friendly curriculum.
- Sign up to join South Gloucestershire Dementia Action alliance, be part of a support network and pledge at least one action to help make our communities more dementia friendly
- Include dementia in your PSHE (Personal and Social Health Education) curriculum
- Information about how to help people with dementia and their carers.
- Dispel common myths and stigma by involving people with dementia in the classroom
- Spread the word about dementia and our work to your staff, parents, and networks