Who can join?
If you want to join our work to make South Gloucestershire a better place to live for people with dementia and their carers, and you are:
- an organisation that operates in South Gloucestershire
- an individual living or working in South Gloucestershire. We are particularly keen for people living with dementia to join us
Why should you join?
- put your commitment to equality and inclusion into practice
- be part of a growing national movement to make our communities better places to live if you have dementia or are caring for someone who does
- show your support for enabling people with dementia to live well
- improve the service your organisation is offering to your staff and customers
- be part of a support network of other organisations and individuals who are on this journey
- there is no cost to joining, apart from your pledges of action
What do you need to do
- pledge at least one action to work towards becoming more ‘dementia friendly’
- pledge to spread the word about our work to your friends, members, staff, associates etc
- sign in support of our mission statement and values
- email us
Dementia Friendly Award Scheme
We plan to award our member organisations as they progress towards becoming dementia friendly.
Stage 1: Become a ‘dementia aware’ organisations by raising awareness with all your staff and members. You will receive a ‘Dementia Aware’ window sticker, which you can proudly display.
Stage 2: Gold, silver and bronze award scheme. As you create an action plan, and progress along it, we plan to award you with a mark you can use in your promotion. More of this scheme will be announced soon.
Winsome Barrett-Muir, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01454 868 570, Southern Brooks Community Partnerships, Coniston Community Centre, Coniston Road, Patchway, South Glos, BS34 5LP
Twitter: @SouthGlosDAA Facebook Page: South Glos Dementia Action AllianceIs there anything wrong with this page?