Skip to main content

We are making changes to the way we manage planning applications that will come into effect on Thursday 1 November, 2018. Most users will not notice any big changes, but we hope there will be noticeable improvements in the speediness and consistency of the decisions made which will improve the service we provide. Find out more…

Advocacy for carers

Information on how people with care needs, including carers themselves, can access advocacy services.​

A carer is someone who helps to look after a friend, relative or neighbour who for a number of possible reasons cannot manage at home without them.

An advocate is someone who will speak on a person’s behalf and help them, as necessary, with such things as understanding documents, forms, meetings and decision making. An advocate can be a friend, relative, or professional advisor. There are professional advocacy services available.

An independent advocate may be arranged through advocacy services at Swan Advocacy. This service is free and confidential. They can provide advice or information and in some cases may be able to provide more practical support.

Swan Advocacy
Hi Point House,
Thomas St,
Taunton TA2 6HB

Telephone: 0333 447 928

Is there anything wrong with this page?