What is Share the Care?
Share the Care (previously Family Link) carers provide regular short breaks to disabled children/young people including those with learning difficulties, autism and physical impairments
Providing a short break for a child/young person with a disability can be very rewarding. This type of fostering offers a long term relationship with a child/young person and their family. It suits people who can offer short breaks and who feel positive about disabled children/young people.
How it works
How much time will I need to give?
What does it involve?
- provide a safe and comfortable home for the children and young people you look after
- give children the time and attention they need
- work as part of a team with parents, other carers and social workers
- accept that smacking, or other degrading punishments, are not permitted
- keep information confidential
- attend necessary training courses
- support our commitment to equal opportunities by working positively with all people, recognising,
- accepting and respecting difference
- no smoking in the home when a child is present.