Christmas and New Year opening times
Our customer services contact centre will be closed from 1pm on Friday 22 December until 8:45am on Thursday 28 December 2017 and also on Monday 1 January (New Year’s day).
The adult care contact centre will be open until 4.30pm on Friday 22 December. When the offices are closed, calls will be diverted to a service which deals only with emergencies.
One Stop Shops
One Stop Shops will be closed from 1pm on Friday 22 December until 8.45am on Thursday 28 December 2017 and also on Monday 1 January (New Year’s day).
Although the council is closed for Christmas, you can continue to report problems or apply for services using our online forms and these will be dealt with on our return.
The Sort It recycling centres will be closed from 2:00pm on Sunday 24 December and closed all day on Monday 25, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January. The sites will open as usual from Tuesday 2 January, 8:30am to 4:30pm, seven days a week. Find a tip or recycling centre
Waste and recycling collection changes
Waste and recycling collections will not take place on Monday 25, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January. Check changes to your collection day over Christmas and New Year.
Make use of your weekly recycling and food waste collections this Christmas. You can order replacement or additional recycling containers if you need them.
- Check what can be recycled from home.
- Sort your recycling in your boxes to make it easy for the crews to separate them into the compartments on the vehicle
- Mix plastics, cans, aerosols and foil together – they will be separated later
- We can recycle wrapping paper and greetings cards without glitter or plastic embellishments. Put wrapping paper with the rest of your recyclable paper and greetings card with cardboard. Paper or card with glitter or plastic should go into your black bin.
- Flatten cardboard boxes and cut large pieces of cardboard down so they are no larger than the green box
- Remove all polystyrene and foam packaging and put it in the black bin or take it to the Sort It recycling centre if you have a large quantity
- Put extra recycling out in plastic bags, just make sure glass bottles and jars are in a green box
- Put your containers out by 7:00am on collection day and take them back onto your property at the end of the day
It’s easy to recycle your real Christmas tree by taking it to the Sort It recycling centre, composting it at home or using the garden waste collection service.
Find out more
Bus timetable information is also available from Traveline.
Make travelling easy this winter visit www.travelwest.info/jp and plan your journey.
Is there anything wrong with this page?