Garden waste sacks
For £2 you can buy a single use garden waste sack.
The sacks can be purchased from our libraries during staffed hours. Please note that library opening times changed in October 2017 – check the staffed opening times of libraries before setting out. The sacks can also be purchased from Country Stores at 48 High Street Marshfield SN14 8LP.
The price includes collection from your home.
How the service works
- once you have purchased your sack you will need to book a collection. Find your garden waste collection day.
- please note: you will need to allow 48 hours from booking for it to register with our collection crews
- if you need the sack to be collected from your door, you can request an assisted collection. If you already have this service then your sack will be collected from your agreed collection point
- fill the sack and store under cover if possible, until the collection day
- If you have registered for a collection and your sack is not collected let us know
About the sacks
- they can only be used once
- only authorised and booked sacks will be collected
- made from durable paper
- hold up to 75 litres of garden waste
- this type of sack is used by other authorities and has proved to be a useful way for residents to recycle their garden waste
What you can put in the garden waste sack
Only household garden waste may be placed in the sacks. This may include grass cuttings, leaves, weeds, hedge trimmings, plant prunings, twigs and small branches (no larger than the width of your wrist), old or used compost, pet bedding – rabbit and rodent only.
Please do not use the sacks for:
- Japanese knotweed or garden waste with signs of ash dieback disease
- large logs, tree stumps or treated wood from sheds, fences etc.
- cardboard or paper – use your weekly recycling collection
- food, fruit and vegetable peelings, egg shells, tea bags etc. – use your weekly food recycling collection
- bird/poultry waste or bedding – this can go in the black bin
- soil – you can take a limited amount to the Sort It recycling centres free of charge.
- rubble or hardcore – you can take a limited amount to the Sort It recycling centres free of charge.
- Waste produced by a business or any commercial activity
There are no concessions available for the garden waste sack service.Is there anything wrong with this page?