Garden waste green bin
You can take out an annual subscription to have your garden waste collected in a green bin. This will be collected every two weeks.
The cost for an annual subscription is £30 per year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of the service before you subscribe.
Renew your subscription
Apply for a subscription
Other ways to subscribe
- renew or apply by calling 01454 868000
- renew or apply in person at one of our One Stop Shops
- apply using direct debit
If you sign up for a direct debit you do not need to take any other action to ensure the service continues every year and we will let you know if there are any changes. Please print and return a completed direct debit form to the address provided.
If you wish to change an existing direct debit for your garden waste subscription, please call 01454 868000 or visit our One Stop Shops.
You cannot claim a concession if paying by direct debit as a concession needs to be claimed annually.
Cash payments for the annual garden waste collection service will not be accepted.
If you receive Income Support, Pension Credit, or Income Related Job Seekers Allowance you are entitled to a 50% reduction in the annual charge. In exceptional circumstances further support will also be available. Proof of support is required.
How the service works
- the subscription covers the collection of one green bin of up to 240 litres every two weeks
- what you can put in your green bin
- if you already have a green bin supplied by us, you can use this for the service, but it will not be emptied unless you subscribe
- once you have subscribed it may take up to five working days to register your details with our collection crews
- put your house number or name on the front of the bin or under the lid so the collection crew know they are emptying the right bin. They do have a list of who has subscribed in the vehicle, but adding the house name or number to your bin helps
- you can share your subscription with a neighbour, or form a group if you live in a block of flats, but one person will have to be registered and responsible for the payment and the bin will need to be put out for collection at their address
- if you have subscribed and your bin is not emptied let us know
- if you need your bin to be emptied from your door, you can request an assisted collection. If you already have this service then it will continue when you subscribe.
Renewing or cancelling
- when you subscribe you will be given the option to set up an annual direct debit
- if you do not set up a direct debit make a note of the date of the end of your subscription so you know when to renew it
- we cannot offer refunds, however if you move home within South Gloucestershire we can transfer the service to your new address
- following the death of a relative we will refund the remaining duration of the subscription
Garden waste sacks
If you do not need a fortnightly green bin collection, you can arrange a one off sack collection for garden waste.
Is there anything wrong with this page?