You can take out an annual subscription to have your garden waste collected in a green bin. This will be collected every two weeks.
The cost for an annual subscription is £36 per year. Here are the terms and conditions of the service.
How to sign up for the service
- online using a debit or credit card
- by calling 01454 868000
- in person at one of our One Stop Shops
If you receive Income Support, Pension Credit, or Income Related Job Seekers Allowance you are entitled to a 50% reduction in the annual charge. In exceptional circumstances further support will also be available. We will require proof of support.
How the service works
- the subscription covers the collection of one green bin of up to 240 litres every two weeks
- what you can put in your green bin
- if you already have a green bin supplied by us, then you can use this for the service, but it will not be collected unless you subscribe to the service.
- once you have subscribed please put your house number or name, on the front of the bin or under the lid, so the collection crew know they are picking up the right bin. They do have a list in their vehicle of who has subscribed but adding the house name or number helps
- please note: once you have subscribed to the garden waste service it may take up to five working days to register your details with our collection crews.
- you can share your subscription with a neighbour, or form a group in a flat, but one person will have to be registered and responsible for the payment and it will be collected from their address
- if you have subscribed and your bin is not collected let us know
- if you need your bin to be collected from your door, you can request an assisted collection. If you already have this service then it will continue when you subscribe
Renewing or cancelling
- when you subscribe you will be given the option to set up an annual direct debit
- if you do not set up a direct debit please make a note of the date of the end of your subscription if you think you might like to renew
- we cannot offer refunds, however if you move within South Gloucestershire we can transfer the service to your new address
- following the death of a relative we will refund the remaining duration of the subscription
Removal of unwanted green bins
If you have not subscribed to the service and no longer want your green bin, we will be collecting these after October 2014. You can also keep your bin for other uses, for example you can turn it into a water butt or use it for storing gardening equipment and materials e.g. compost, pots, seed trays etc. Please note, you cannot take unwanted green bins to the Sort It centres.