Collection of large household items
Donate your item
If you have a large unwanted household item and it’s in good condition why not give it to someone who could use it:
Take to recycling centre
Or if you can get it there, why not take it to your nearest recycling centre.
We can arrange to collect the item
Through our waste contractor we can collect up to three items for £25. This can include furniture and ‘white goods’. For household fittings, rubble, sheds etc see section headed non household items below. To arrange a collection of household items:
- phone the contact centre on 01454 868000
- visit a One Stop Shop (we cannot accept cash)
- or write to us with a cheque and a note with items to be collected:
South Gloucestershire Council
Streetcare and Waste management
Department for Environment and Community Services
PO Box 1954
A discount price of £12.50 is available to those in receipt of Income Support, Pension Guarantee Credit, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance or Income-based Employment and Support Allowance. Evidence will be required when booking.
General terms and conditions
- we will only collect the items booked
- items must be put out by 7.00 am on the day of collection
- items must be in the open where staff can reach them. Staff are not allowed to enter a property
- items must be household rubbish – the sort of thing you would normally take with you when you move house
- fridges and freezers must be empty of food
- items which would become heavy when wet (for example, soft furniture) need to be kept dry
Cancellations, changes and refunds
- to cancel your booking or change the items being collected please call us at least two working days before your collection
- refunds can only be given if the cancellation is received at least two working days before the collection
Collection of non household items (by Street Cleansing)
We can also collect non household items including fixtures and fittings, but we make a minimum charge of £28 for a single item. Larger item(s) will require a quotation as prices can depend on accessibility to site, weight and type of waste.
For a quote please contact us via the contact centre on 01454 868000
Is there anything wrong with this page?