New South Gloucestershire Local Plan (2018 – 2036)
Planning law requires that planning decisions are made in accordance with the council’s local plan. The new South Gloucestershire Local Plan (SGLP) will be a development plan document (DPD) covering the whole administrative area of South Gloucestershire and the plan period will be 2018-2036. It will review and eventually replace existing local planning documents, including the:
- South Gloucestershire Local Plan: Core Strategy – 2006-2027 (2013)
- South Gloucestershire Local Plan: Policies, Sites and Places Plan
Part of the new Local Plan’s purpose will be to allocate sites for strategic development at locations identified in the Joint Spatial Plan (JSP), as well as to allocate new sites for non-strategic development. The Local Plan will also set out the suite of planning policies that will be used to deliver sustainable development in South Gloucestershire.
Previous consultation and engagement
- The Local Plan consultation document was published for public consultation between 5 February 2018 and 30 April 2018. Details of this consultation can still be found at www.southglos.gov.uk/newlocalplanfeb2018.Watch our short video below on the Local Plan.
- In autumn 2017 a number of engagement events were undertaken to support the planning for the Strategic Development Location (SDLs) identified in the Joint Spatial Plan. Details of these events can be viewed on the SDLs page.
- The first stage of preparing the new South Gloucestershire Local Plan invited comments on our new local plan prospectus, and ran between 12 January 2017 and 23 February 2017. Details of this consultation, including the responses received, can be viewed at www.southglos.gov.uk/newlocalplanprospectus.
If you are not currently on our consultation database and would like to be kept informed, please email PlanningPolicy@southglos.gov.uk. From time to time we may contact you to seek your views about other planning consultations and projects. Periodically, you may also be invited to give us your views about our service.
The information collected as part this consultation will also be used by the council in accordance with the data protection principles in the Data Protection Act 1998. The purposes for collecting this data is: to assist in plan making; and to contact you, if necessary, regarding the planning consultation process. Some of the data may be made public as it will form part of the evidence base used to inform the creation of planning policy documents. The above purposes may require public disclosure of any data received on the response form, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
To view the full privacy statement please follow the link – http://www.southglos.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/data-protection-and-freedom-of-information/privacy-statement/Is there anything wrong with this page?