School clothing grants
In exceptional circumstances families may be eligible for an essential school clothing grant.
To be eligible you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
And in addition one of the following conditions must apply (evidence required):
- You have been affected by a fire, theft or flood
- Homeless families – for example parent leaving home due to domestic violence
- Medical condition – for example obesity, extreme growth, child with enuresis or soiling problem
- Bereavement – loss of a parent
- Conditions of extreme poverty – such as situations where families are at risk of being made homeless, high debts etc.
- Reconstituted families – for example, where a child returns to live with one parent having lived with the other and financial difficulties arise (child may arrive with no clothing)
If you wish to make enquiries about an essential clothing grant please telephone on 01454 868008: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm.Is there anything wrong with this page?