Latest news on housing benefit
From 7 November 2016, the maximum amount of money that you can be paid if you claim certain benefits is:
- £384.62 per week for couples (with or without children) or a single parent
- £257.69 per week for a single person not living with children
The benefit cap doesn’t apply to families who are entitled to working tax credits, or if you, your partner or children receive one of the following benefits:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal independent payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Support component of Employment and Support Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Benefit
- War Widow’s or War Widower’s Pension
- Carer’s Allowance
- Guardian’s Allowance
For help getting into work please contact your local Job Centre Plus.
If you have any questions about how this will affect your entitlement to housing benefit, please contact our office on 01454 868002.
Universal Credit is currently live in South Gloucestershire for a limited number of customers.
New claims of Universal Credit for everyone will start in South Gloucestershire between May and July 2018. For further information please refer to our Universal Credit webpage.Is there anything wrong with this page?