[Skip Navigation] Home Page Newsroom Site Map Help Complaints Terms and Conditions Feedback Form Access Key Details


Money - coins and notes.

Housing and council tax benefit is financial assistance towards your rent and council tax.

It is paid by us and is a means tested benefit based on regulations set by the government.

If you wish to make a claim in person, hand in forms or documents for your claim or seek advice about it, you can visit one of our one stop shops in Kingswood, Thornbury, Yate and Patchway.

We have community benefit officers that you can make an appointment to see by calling us or asking at the one stop shops. They will help you to assess your claim if you have all the required evidence (details can be found on the benefits application form)

Free school meals

Information about eligibility for free school meals.

Housing benefit

Housing Benefit is a national welfare benefit which helps people on a low income to pay their rent.

What if I am a student

Gives information to students on whether they may be able to claim Housing Benefit.

Find my nearest services

Stay informed

Stay informed and have your say with our social media channels and news feeds...

Find out more